Be Wise - Be Water Wise!
Detect Leaks, Save Money!
- 90% of high water bills are caused by leaks.
- Leaky toilets cause more water waste than any other fixture in the home. The cause of most toilet leaks is a worn out flapper or ballcock.
- Check faucets and pipes for leaks. Leaks waste water 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Do not let the faucet run while brushing your teeth. Just wet your toothbrush and fill a small glass with water for rinsing out your mouth.
- Select the appropriate water level for the size of your load of laundry.
- Avoid watering between 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. when heat causes water to evaporate.
- Check your sprinkler system for leaks. Look for muddy spots and broken or clogged sprinkler heads.
- Add a rain sensor or rain switch to your automatic sprinkler system to avoid wasteful watering on rainy days.
Get Drought Tips!